07 March 2009

*SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING METAL FACE!

To this day, I have no idea what the fuck was going on with that gay Viennese dude behind me. He clearly intended to slip me roofies and try to play a little game we like to call "Just the tip" (just for a second, just to see how it feels) at some point in the evening. I escaped with my anal virginity intact, however. Or, at least, I think I did.

Hit two PRs (personal records) yesterday- 605 on the deadlift and 385 on reverse grip bench. I expect to break 400 on bench within the month, which will be a hell of a thing, especially if I do it with a reverse grip. I'd post a vid, but my lifting partner only managed to capture the setup, so I'll have to wait for the next time I hit a pr.
One arm dl with 385 a couple of months ago. Like my Jon Pall impersonation?

An amusing anecdote from this week of milestones was that my ex-girlfriend declared it "unhealthy" to have 5% bodyfat if you're not a bodybuilder. There was no mention of why, just an emphatic (and wholly incorrect) assessment of my overall health. Odd, especially given the fact that she wants to be a Redline girl.

Hitting 5% bodyfat the same week one deads over 600 for the first time is not something you can do with a conventional program. This is why I am spreading the gospel of ChAoS and PAIN.

Death to our enemies.

----------------
Now playing: Dr. Acula - Say Cheese And Die Again
via FoxyTunes

2 comments:

  1. I call BULLSHIT. It's only unhealthy to have low body fat if you aren't continually training. The reason bodybuilders don't maintain low body-fats long-term is 1) they usually can't or won't (will-power, genetics, lifestyle, etc) and 2) they specifically train to build up while they are heavier then "cut" themselves down. It is true that fat provides cushioning around organs, protecting them from damage and functions as an energy reserve; however, if you are consistantly training, you are replacing that cushion with something better - muscle. Essentially, if you are nursing a low body fat due to malnutrition - yes it's unhealthy. If you are maintaining a low body fat due to training -- consistantly, no less -- it's not unhealthy, provided you are eating and able to keep your strength and energy.

    Looks like we would have won this hand. If you need sources, I have emailed them to Jamie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being 5% bodyfat is unhealthy if:
    1.Youre not injecting some sort of androgen (which you should if you want to earn your right to live)
    2. You care about your health. If you die in bed or in hospital because of being unhealthy, youre a loser and you deserve to die.

    ReplyDelete